Friday, October 19, 2007

Day 1 in D.C.

Yesterday was so cool. I flew in to Baltimore and felt so nervous/excited about my interview that I had to make it to by 1:30. I picked up my car and started driving and didn't stop moving/driving/walking/taking the metro until literally 1:25. I made it to the building that the interview was in just in time to wash my hands and walk upstairs. I had looked great at 5am, but after flying/driving/riding/walking I looked a little desheveled. I came in and met the woman interviewing me and began filling out a standard application when the fire alarm went off and everyone started leaving the building. So I filed down the stairs with everyone else who works in the building. It was actually pretty funny! Just completely unexpected!
After the interveiw, I had about four hours to kill before I could go back to the house that I am staying in (everyone was working until 7:30). So my friend Cyrus told me of an awesome place to go and hang out near to the metro that I had parked at. It was in the middle of Arlington, and it was so charming! King street leads down to this great harbor with a dock and a really cool little restaurant called the Chart House (I want to go there sometime!). I got a caramel apple cider (my current favorite drink! I love fall!) and went by the waterfront and sat on a bench and read a bit of "Ender's Game" (thank you, Ryan F.) and also read some Billy Collins. I thoroughly enjoyed my day. While sitting there on the dock, I thought about my future self coming to this same spot with people I love like family and friends. I don't know what the future holds, but I have the feeling that I'll frequent that spot many times in the coming years if I move here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home