Sunday, April 29, 2007

gorgeous days and cool nights

The last few days have been so perfectly beautiful! And when I get my air conditioner fixed in my car things will be really perfect!! I'm taking my car in this Tuesday to have everything fixed. I finally realized that I may as well fix it now and enjoy it because if I ever want to sell this car anywhere in the southeast I'll need a working a/c!
Last night I met up with a couple of friends downtown and we just got ice cream and walked down to the west end. There were a million people out, the sky was that awesome bright blue that happens after the sun has gone down but it's still light, and the air felt not hot but not too cool. It was so nice!! I could have walked for hours!
Lately I've been coming home at a reasonable time (before 11) and I've really just been enjoying my time alone to relax, take a shower, get in bed, and read some good book. My current books that I've been working on are: A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, about a little girl growing up in 1912 ish in New York and she's very poor; A Walk in the Woods, which is written about the App Trail and is hilarious!!; and The Things they Carried, a story about people in WW1 and the things that they were carrying with them the whole time. It's nice to finally be making time to read again!
My sister, jessica, pointed out to me that I don't have very many friends. We were discussing the fact that I am very critical of people sometimes, and I think that's a bad thing. I think that is part of why I don't have a lot of good close friends. But I quickly pointed out to her that she doesn't have a lot of friends, either. Then we started justifying why we just don't want to hang out with people who we really don't enjoy. But really, I think I'm in the wrong for being so critical. It is so rare that I meet people and really, really like them. Usually I find something that I think would get on my nerves if I hung out with them for long enough. I really want to work on seeing every person I meet and hang around in the best light and finding whatever there is postive about them! That's been my big resolution since yesterday. I want more friends - good quality friends. I realize that there are going to always be people that I dont' enjoy as much or who I don't click with, but I want to think as highly of everyone else that i can!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home